Pages

Friday 30 December 2011

My Top 10 Fashion Moments of 2011

To say it's been an exciting year for the fashion world, I think, would be a major understatement... Here, on Parade, is my 'Top 10 Fashion Moments of 2011'...
(In NO particular order!)



1. I'll get this out the way first! This year saw the 20th Birthday of the Christian Louboutin brand, just a few days after the purchase of my very own loubis... eeeek!




2. In August, I payed a second visit to Central Saint Martins, just because I love it so much.



3. I voyaged to one of the Fashion Capitals of the world in April, pretended to be Carrie and helped the US economy spectacularly, returning with £3.20 exactly...



4. As Royal Wedding Fever reached fever pitch in April, Sarah Burton worked secretly to create Kate Middleton's wedding dress. Forget being dress of the year, this is dress of the century.




5. I discovered a love for Macrame.




6. His and Hers, Liverpool's hottest glossy, hit newstands this year, and I promptly put pen to paper to help proceedings.




7. The fash pack waited eagerly to see who would replace Carine Roitfeld as editor of Vogue Paris. Emmanuelle Alt was a very good choice indeed.




8. Don't ask how it happened, but once entered in Miss Liverpool, I wanted it to be a classy, Audrey Hepburn-esque affair.  I was one of only three in one-pieces, success.




9. I had my first foray behind the scenes at LFW, dressing for Ashish in September. Despite the fact the main event was over in 10 minutes, I can't wait to do it again in February.



10. I've always been an advocate of Victoria Beckham, even in her Spice Girls days. Pleased as punch was I when she was named Designer Brand of the Year at the British Fashion Awards.


What an amazing 2011 in Fashion... Roll on 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment